If you'd like to learn more about working with the nuts and bolts of Memory Beta, here are a few links that you might want to check out:
- Manual of Style: Please be sure to read this before contributing, so you know how to accurately cite your sources, and search the site to make sure the article you want to make doesn't already exist.
- Policies and Guidelines: For a list of the policies and guidelines that we adhere to on Memory Beta.
- Wanted pages: For a list of pages we want most, although any contributions you make are greatly appreciated!
One other suggestion: If you're going to make comments on talk pages or make other sorts of comments, please be sure to sign them with four tildes (~~~~) to paste in your user name and the date/time of the comment.
If you have any questions, please feel free to post them in a member's talk page or the community portal. Thanks, and once again, welcome to Memory Beta!
I just wanted to let you know that the first letter when you are witing a wiki link is case insensitive -- this means that [[tlhIngan Hol]] makes exactly the same link as [[TlhIngan Hol|tlhIngan Hol]] -- could you please use the shorter, simplest version here on Memory Beta? Thanks.
Also, when writing an external link, please make sure that you start a subsection called ==External link== at the bottom of the article. By writing an external link in a section called ==Translation==, you could be fooling someone into clicking the link when that person actually does not want to leave our site.
For links to the Klingon Dictionary, we should probably create a standard template to save space -- that way, we could perform repairs on the link only once and have it take effect over many pages. We'll be discussing this part further later in most likelihood, but if you could start making the changes i described above, i would appreciate it -- thanks! -- Captain MKB 16:21, 13 January 2008 (UTC)
- I see you have found the template I made to link to the Klingon Wiktionary -- thanks for adapting to it.
- One other requirement we have here on MB is that we source everything to a publication -- for example, if you place a note in IKV Bom that "bom" means "Song", please try to add a link to a publication that originates the information -- for example "according to The Klingon Dictionary, the ship's name means..." , etc and so on. Thanks! -- Captain MKB 04:30, 16 January 2008 (UTC)
translation help[edit source]
I was wondering if you could help a fellow user, on talk:Excelsior: Forged in Fire a user asked about the proper way to spell kellicam in Klingonese -- and he has also made a few other mistakes with his Klingonese in other articles.
Do you know which books are the sources of the alternate spellings veqlargh/fek'lhr, qelicam/kellicam, ghargh/gagh, et cetera? I know that the words are simply spelling variations but I know that you know better than I which variation comes from which reference. -- Captain MKB 15:46, 27 January 2008 (UTC)