If you'd like to learn more about working with the nuts and bolts of Memory Beta, here are a few links that you might want to check out:
- Manual of Style: Please be sure to read this before contributing, so you know how to accurately cite your sources, and search the site to make sure the article you want to make doesn't already exist.
- Policies and Guidelines: For a list of the policies and guidelines that we adhere to on Memory Beta.
- Wanted pages: For a list of pages we want most, although any contributions you make are greatly appreciated!
One other suggestion: If you're going to make comments on talk pages or make other sorts of comments, please be sure to sign them with four tildes (~~~~) to paste in your user name and the date/time of the comment.
If you have any questions, please feel free to post them in a member's talk page or the community portal. Thanks, and once again, welcome to Memory Beta!
Hi! You need to format and cite sources for the article Delta Flyer class.
I don't understand if you have any problems with this requirement because you have not participated in any discussions about it. Could you please talk to us? -- Captain MKB 18:22, 10 March 2009 (UTC)
- You could help me do that.The source for the Delta Flyer class is the Voyager episodes of season 5,6 and 7.--Typhuss 20:58, 11 March 2009 (UTC)
- Well, feel free to read through our Voyager episode articles and give a list of those episodes. For example, what episode mentioned the hull material of the Delta Flyer? I'm afraid you're going to have to tell us each individual episode you get pieces of information like that from.
- Also, please remember a few simple rules:
- Do NOT copy text from Memory Alpha.
- Do NOT copy text from any other Star Trek website.
- You MUST format the article. Form links by using double brackets. Please look at other completed articles to see how the code works.
- You are NOT ALLOWED to change the pixel size on thumbnailed images. Please stop putting in things like "196px" -- this is random and uncalled for.
- Thanks so much for finally answering me! It's great to see you participating in the community, and I'm glad that you are going to be able to follow these simple rules. -- Captain MKB 00:26, 12 March 2009 (UTC)
1.Extreme Risk-mentioned the hull material of the Delta Flyer.--Typhuss 00:53, 12 March 2009 (UTC)
- That's great. What you'll have to do is write an article where it mentions that hull material, then, at the end of the sentence where you mention that, put a link to the article we have about VOY episode: "Extreme Risk" in parentheses. We call that citing an article. Please remember to cite every single fact in the article -- the hull material, the torpedo complement, the construction technology -- everything.
- Thanks again for being open to having me explain the rules to you. -- Captain MKB 01:01, 12 March 2009 (UTC)
I don't understand,write an article on the hull?.--Typhuss 14:02, 12 March 2009 (UTC)
Talk page pushiness
Greetings, your approach to talk pages is little forceful. If a talk page inquiry gets no reply it generally means that either the answer is not known by currently active members of the site. Continually nagging is a little bothersome. Your requests generally seem to be focusing on one or two sources, as no one seems to be able to give you the answers you require I would suggest you locate a copy of those sources and do the necessary research to get the answers. --8of5 15:36, 22 March 2009 (UTC)
This user went anonymous for a while as User talk:126.96.36.199 before re-registering as User talk:Typhuss James Kira, User talk:Typhuss Nerys and lately, User talk:TyphussJediVader -- but all warnings and advisories on this page still apply. -- Captain MKB 23:04, 7 August 2009 (UTC)