If you'd like to learn more about working with the nuts and bolts of Memory Beta, here are a few links that you might want to check out:
- Manual of Style: Please be sure to read this before contributing, so you know how to accurately cite your sources, and search the site to make sure the article you want to make doesn't already exist.
- Policies and Guidelines: For a list of the policies and guidelines that we adhere to on Memory Beta.
- Wanted pages: For a list of pages we want most, although any contributions you make are greatly appreciated!
One other suggestion: If you're going to make comments on talk pages or make other sorts of comments, please be sure to sign them with four tildes (~~~~) to paste in your user name and the date/time of the comment.
If you have any questions, please feel free to post them in a member's talk page or the community portal. Thanks, and once again, welcome to Memory Beta!
Please try to not copy pages directly from other sites. It is against the rules.
How do I sign my posts?????
- You use four tildes (~) in succession (~~~~), or you can just click on one of the buttons at the top of the edit frame (the one to the right of the "no W" button, the one with the scribbly signature on it). When you save your post, those will automatically convert to a Time/date/ID stamp.--Emperorkalan 18:00, 27 March 2007 (UTC)
Thanks. So now that I have made some posts and additions, please upgrade me to admin status. Thank you. VortaExpert 18:05, 27 March 2007 (UTC)
- Sorry doesn’t work like that, you have to prove you are a consistently good contributor with a clear understanding of the goals and practices of the wiki. Once you have established that on going good practice you then have to be nominated and voted into adminship. -- 8of5 18:28, 27 March 2007 (UTC)
I have made some good contributions to the wiki. Who can i get to nominate me for admin status? VortaExpert 21:59, 27 March 2007 (UTC)
- You can nominate yourself here, just follow the instructions and others can vote. --The Doctor 22:11, 27 March 2007 (UTC)
This is not fair guys. you banned me for the Leck post? The reason you could not find the short story on the internet search is because I have not published it publicly yet. I told you i would give you free license for the work for the benefit of the Wiki. I will not use my own work any longer if that offends you. Please re-instate me. I still have a desire to be a valuable admin. thank you VortaExpert 19:10, 3 April 2007 (UTC)