- For other uses, see Valiant.
|This article is a stub relating to a starship or vehicle. You can help our database by expanding on it.|
History and specifications
A Defiant-class warship USS Valiant (NCC-6089) was proposed in 2368 in the aftermath of the Battle of Wolf 359. It remained an unused concept in favor of launching the Defiant-class prototype USS Defiant. (The Official Starships Collection Issue Bonus issue 29: "USS Valiant Concept")
After years of trial and mothballing, the Defiant entered service in 2371. Its master systems display initially depicted the ship and its systems in the form of a Valiant-class vessel. (DS9 episode: "The Search")
A new prototype Valiant entered service in the time of the Federation-Klingon War of 2405-2410. The design was an evolution of the 2370s-era Defiant. The Valiant appeared more compact than its sister classes. The first ship of the class was the USS Valiant (NCC-60890) in 2409. Ships of the class were rated as tactical escorts.
Khitomer Alliance flag officer in, or aligned with, Starfleet, deployed Valiant for missions around the galaxy's four quadrants as part of the four-quadrant strategy. (STO - Klingon War mission: "Welcome to Earth Spacedock", admiralty system)
Following the Battle of Excalbia on stardate 84999.22 in January 2411, which saw the prominent involvement of hero ships from the Federation's past and present, the Valiant was among the tactical escorts that received a refit to legendary starship qualifications. (STO - J'Ula's Discovery missions: "The Measure of Morality (Part 2)", "Welcome to Earth Spacedock")
Appearances and references
- DS9 Season 3 DVD special features (first appearance)
- Star Trek Magazine issues: Volume 1, Issue 4; Volume 1, Issue 13; Star Trek: Communicator issue 105
- STO website: Defiant Bundle Announcement (class name established)
- STO website: Defiant Bundle Stats
- STO - Klingon War mission: "Welcome to Earth Spacedock" (first playable)
- STO website: Legendary Pilot Warship
- The Official Starships Collection Issue Bonus Edition 29: "USS Valiant Concept"