- Vinci was only referred to by name in TOS episode: "The Devil in the Dark". His other appearances listed here were occasions throughout TOS that the same actor, Frank da Vinci, appeared wearing a redshirt.
On stardate 1535.8, Vinci and another security guard responded when Kirk ordered security to the gymnasium. Charles Evans used psychokinesis powers to knock the security men to the floor. When Vinci drew his phaser, Charlie made it disappear, along with every other sidearm on the ship. (TOS episode: "Charlie X")
On stardate 2818.9, Vinci was in the recreation room listening to Lieutenant Uhura perform music. A short time later, he was in the theater to see the Karidian Company of Players performance of Hamlet, but left the audience to respond to the confrontation between Kevin Riley and Kodos backstage. (TOS episode: "The Conscience of the King")
In 2267, Vinci and Pitcairn responded when security was called to the bridge by Dr. McCoy. The security team took Spock to be confined to quarters when Spock admitted to mutiny. (TOS episode: "The Menagerie, Part I")
On stardate 3288, Vinci responded to the transporter room as part of a security detail to hold Spock in the transporter room and await consultation with the captain about Spock's desire to beam down to the planet Deneva. (TOS episode: "Operation -- Annihilate!")
On stardate 5029.5, Vinci served at the transporter when the Enterprise visited Triacus, and inadvertently beamed two security officers into space because the crew thought they were still in orbit. In actuality, the departure had been caused by crewpeople under mind-control of the Starnes Exploration Party children and the alien Gorgan. (TOS episode: "And the Children Shall Lead")
|UESS Enterprise personnel (alternate timeline)|
|Phillip Boyce • Pavel Chekov • Lee Kelso • James T. Kirk • March • Guillermo Masada • Leonard McCoy • Ann Mulhall • Christopher Pike • Montgomery Scott • John Stiles • Nyota Uhura • Vinci|
In the primary universe, Vinci was never referred to by officer's rank, but his uniform with lack of sleeve rank insignia was ambiguous, as he could have been an enlisted crewman, chief or NCO; or an ensign or lieutenant junior grade. ST - Myriad Universes novel: A Less Perfect Union did give him a senior staff officer position, but that was an alternate reality.
Appearances and references
- TOS episode: "The Man Trap"
- TOS episode: "Charlie X"
- TOS episode: "The Devil in the Dark"
- TOS episode: "Mudd's Women"
- TOS episode: "Dagger of the Mind"
- TOS episode: "The Conscience of the King"
- TOS episode: "The Menagerie, Part I"
- TOS episode: "This Side of Paradise"
- TOS episode: "Operation -- Annihilate!"
- TOS episode: "The Changeling"
- TOS episode: "The Trouble with Tribbles"
- TOS episode: "Obsession"
- TOS episode: "The Omega Glory"
- TOS episode: "Elaan of Troyius"
- TOS episode: "And the Children Shall Lead"
- TOS episode: "For the World is Hollow and I Have Touched the Sky"
- TOS episode: "That Which Survives"
- TOS episode: "Let That Be Your Last Battlefield"