In 2277, nine archaeologists generated a series of illusions for Pavel Chekov and his landing party on Varda III with a Vardan illusion machine. When Chekov was not amused, one of the scientists commented that they should have tried basing their illusions on Walt Disney, J.R.R. Tolkien or even Attila the Hun. (TOS - Plot-Your-Own Adventure Stories novella: Distress Call!)
- Author Allison Cain worked at Walt Disney World. (SNW short story: "Rounding a Corner Already Turned")
- TOS novel: World Without End
- TOS - Plot-Your-Own Adventure Stories novella: Distress Call!
- DS9 novel: Far Beyond the Stars
- DS9 - Millennium novel: The Fall of Terok Nor