"When the Bough Breaks" was the 18th episode of Star Trek: The Next Generation in the show's first season, first aired during the week of 15 February 1988. The episode was written by Hannah Louise Shearer and directed by Kim Manners.
- Accolan • Alexandra • Bennett • Harry Bernard • Harry Bernard, Sr. • Beverly Crusher • Wesley Crusher • Data • Duana • Diana Giddings • Katie • Geordi La Forge • Leda • Mason • Mason's father • Mason's mother • Melian • Jean-Luc Picard • Radue • Rashella • William T. Riker • Rose • Tara • Toya • Deanna Troi • Darien Wallace • Worf, son of Mogh • Natasha Yar • Youngblood
Starships and vehiclesEdit
Races and culturesEdit
States and organizationsEdit
- 14th century • 21st century • calcium • calculus • chromosome • cloaking device • Custodian • dolphin • First Appointee • fish • gamma ray • gravity • magnetic field • medical tricorder • musician • neutrino • nuclear radiation • oceanography • ozone layer • planetary defense system • potassium • radiation poisoning • repulsor beam • shield • solar field • Starfleet Regulations • ultraviolet radiation • unit
- Before the USS Enterprise-D's discovery of Aldea in this episode, the existence of Aldea was believed to be a myth. While teaching archaeology at the University of Alpha Centauri in the 2350s, Jean-Luc Picard asked his students to name ancient civilizations, and one student jokingly referred to the Aldeans.
|TNG episode produced||Next episode:|
Coming of Age
Too Short a Season
|TNG episode aired||Next episode:|
Coming of Age
- When the Bough Breaks article at Memory Alpha, the wiki for canon Star Trek.
- When the Bough Breaks (Star Trek: The Next Generation) article at Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.