Where Sea Meets Sky is a novel written by Jerry Oltion. It was published in October 1998.
- There's a bar called "The Captain's Table," where those who have commanded mighty vessels of every shape and era can meet, relax, and share a friendly drink or two with others of their calling. Sometimes a brawl may break out but it's all in the family, more or less. Just remember, the first round of drinks is always paid for with a story... fishy or not.
- Years before Kirk took command, Captain Christopher Pike guided the Starship Enterprise on a five-year mission. Pike's journey took him to many new and unexplored realms, none more strange or perilous than a devastated star system where huge, space-faring lifeforms, vital to the survival of one inhabited star system, wreak havoc on the humanoid inhabitants of the other. Captain Pike must thrust the Enterprise into deadly danger as he fights to save one innocent civilization without dooming the other.
|This article or section is incomplete|
|This article is marked as lacking essential detail, and needs attention. Information regarding expansion requirements may be found on the article's talk page. Feel free to edit this page to assist with this expansion.|
- Phillip Boyce • Brady • Michael Burnstein • Cap • J. Mia Colt • Dabisch • Garrett • Hompaq • Lanned • Lefler • Nowan • Perri • Prrghh • Christopher Pike • Spock • José Tyler
- Referenced only
- James T. Kirk • Ortezi • Mark Twain
Starships and vehicles
- Aronnia • The Captain's Table • Earth • Embarcadero • Malodya • San Francisco
- Referenced only
- Alpha Centauri
Races and cultures
States and organizations
- The novel features a short biography of Pike by Michael Jan Friedman.
|Star Trek: The Captain's Table stories|
|Novels||War Dragons • Dujonian's Hoard • The Mist • Fire Ship • Once Burned • Where Sea Meets Sky|
|Tales from the Captain's Table short stories||"Improvisations on the Opal Sea: A Tale of Dubious Credibility" • "Darkness" • "Pain Management" • "LoDnI'pu' vavpu' je" • "The Officers' Club" • "Have Beagle, Will Travel: The Legend of Porthos" • "Iron and Sacrifice" • "Seduced" • "An Easy Fast"|
|TOS Stories||Next novel:|
|The Captain's Table
|The above chronology placements are based on the primary placement in 2266.|
The Pocket Books Timeline places events from this story in one other timeframe:
The Better Man