Who's Who in Star Trek, Issue 2 was the second of two parts in a reference work encyclopedia of Star Trek published by DC Comics in 1987 to celebrate Star Trek's 20th anniversary, containing information on characters, species, ships, and organizations from The Original Series, The Animated Series, DC's own line of comics, a number of novels, and the four Star Trek films which had been released up to that point. Each article included a piece of artwork by various artists showing the subject in a variety of perspectives and in various situations.
As with the first issue, this issue was edited by Robert Greenberger, with research and writing by Allan Asherman. The cover was a painting by Howard Chaykin, color art was provided by Michele Wolfman, and copyedits and typesetting were by Carl Gafford. Steven Bové was the issue production artist.
- Apollo • Robert April • Sarah April • Arex Na Eth • Artemis • David Bailey • Balok • John Bearclaw • Lila Bearclaw • William Bearclaw • Andre Bryce • Nancy Bryce • Christine Chapel • Pavel Chekov • Cochese • Gav • James T. Kirk • Konom • Roger Korby • John Kyle • Frank Leslie • Leto • Carol Marcus • David Marcus • Gary Mitchell • Leonard McCoy • Carolyn Palamas • Pan • Christopher Pike • Peter Preston • Raintree • Montgomery Scott • Elizabeth Sherwood • Shras • Khan Noonien Singh • Spock • Hikaru Sulu • Hosato Sulu • Clark Terrell • Thimon • Stephen Turner • Nyota Uhura • Zeus • unnamed Humans
Starships and vehiclesEdit
- USS Enterprise • USS Excalibur • USS Hood
- Other vessels
- Fesarius • USS Gallant • Decatur-class • USS Reliant (Miranda-class)
Planetary locations and settlementsEdit
Outposts and stationsEdit
Planets and planetoidsEdit
Stars and systemsEdit
Races and culturesEdit
- Andorian • Greek Gods • Edoan • Human (Russian • Swedish • Native American: Apache • Cherokee) • Klingon • Megasoid • Rigellian • Romulan • Tellarite • Vulcan
States and organizationsEdit
- First Federation • Federation Science Council • kaylar • Starfleet • Starfleet Command • Starfleet Medical • United Federation of Planets
Science and technologyEdit
Materials, substances, and energiesEdit
Ranks and titlesEdit
- admiral • ambassador • cadet • captain • chief engineer • chief medical officer • commander • commanding officer • commodore • communications officer • doctor • engineer • ensign • executive officer • helmsman • lieutenant • lieutenant commander • midshipman • navigator • nurse • science officer
- bridge • celestial mechanics • Ceti eel • cucumber • flabjellah • General Order 7 • Hoystadt Children's Hospital • humanoid • Kobayashi Maru scenario • psychology • scotch • sickbay • stardate • Starfleet Academy • Starfleet Academy Command School • Starfleet Academy Medical School • vodka
- Approximately 5000 BC
- Apollo and his fellow Beings visit Earth in the guise of powerful gods.
- 20th century
- Earth historians theorize the Greek gods could have been powerful ancient space travellers.
- 21st century
- Upheavals in population lead many open North American lands to be reinhabited by Native Americans.
- Reference stardate 2188 SFC
- USS Enterprise commissioned.
- Enterprise contacts the First Federation.
- Encounter with Apollo at Pollux IV.
- Babel Conference of Coridan's admission.
- Robert April travels aboard Enterprise.
- V'Ger Encounter
- The Editorial indicated a potential plan to release an updated version of Who's Who in Star Trek with information from the then-imminent first season of Star Trek: The Next Generation, but no such revised edition was ever released.