Riker, Data, Troi and Worf beam down to Ursae Majoris Two, or ePlanet, an Earth colony settled in the late 21st century from which the Enterprise has received a distress call. They learn that the colonists left Earth because of opposition to their desire to implant technology into their bodies in order to experience the Internet in a more personal way. They now have implants in the ear, eye and head, as well as replacing one hand with a metal appendage, and are mentally linked to each other. Paulus, a member of the ruling Conclave, claims that no distress signal was sent. Data and Troi make contact with Dayna, an unaltered woman who belongs to a group of colonists who have rebelled against the implants and are living in hiding. The Enterprise's visit is the catalyst for many more people to rebel, causing the colony to split apart but bringing its people real freedom for the first time.
- Beverly Crusher • Dan • Data • Dayna • Harroldus • Jakaru • Geordi La Forge • Paulus • Jean-Luc Picard • William T. Riker • Deanna Troi • Willus • Worf
Starships and vehiclesEdit
- City-Zero alpha • Earth • ePlanet • Gates Boulevard • Milky Way Galaxy • North America • Ursae Majoris II
Races and culturesEdit
States and organizationsEdit
- 21st century • art • away team • briefing room • city • colony • communications • conference room • culture • distress call • emotion • Eugenics Wars • flower • food • genetic drift • genie • history • hive mind • limestone • mineral • mosaic • museum • music • orbit • planet • political asylum • politics • Prime Directive • ready room • sector • security • touch telepathy • trading post • tree • uniform • war
Ranks and titlesEdit
- captain • commander • counselor • department head • doctor • ensign • first officer • lieutenant • number one • officer • security guard
Technology and weaponsEdit
- android • cash register • colony ship • combadge • communicator • computer • internet • phaser • robot • security pad • server • starship • technology • transporter • tricorder • viewscreen • weapon
- ePlanet has a "Gates Boulevard", presumably named for Bill Gates.
- The colonists left Earth due to opposition to their goals in the wake of the Eugenics War.
- Paulus' mention of the Vulcans leads Troi to comment, "You have kept current with the galaxy," even though the colonists left Earth in the late 21st century, probably after first contact. (Willus has, however, already mentioned the Borg.)
|Strange New Worlds 10||Next story:|
A Dish Served Cold
First Star Trek work
Aimee Ford Foster
Most recent work
Yet to be placed
|Memory Beta Chronology||Next Adventure:|
Yet to be placed