History and specificsEdit
Both teams also competed in the 2042 World Series, which was won by the Kings on a home run hit by Buck Bokai. (ST novel: Articles of the Federation) This final game was attended by only 300 fans, and marked the end of professional baseball on Earth. (DS9 episode: "If Wishes Were Horses")
The 2265 World Series was played by the Tokyo Giants and the Moscow Dynamos. Four years later, the USS Enterprise picked up a radio broadcast of one of the games while approaching Alpha Centauri IV. (TOS novel: Crisis on Centaurus)
- This reference is in seeming contradiction with "If Wishes Were Horses" and "Evolution".
- VOY episode: "One Small Step"
- DS9 episode: "If Wishes Were Horses"
- TOS novel: Crisis on Centaurus
- DS9 episode: "The Adversary"
- DS9 - Deep Space Nine Special comic: "Frozen Boyhood"