Specifics[edit | edit source]
A yellow giant is a star near the end of its life that has exhausted the hydrogen in its core and swelled to a large size. Such stars could belong to spectral types F or G and have become larger than most main sequence stars. (ST reference: Star Charts)
Known yellow giants[edit | edit source]
- Amargosa 
- Antos , 
- Beloti (trinary star primary) 
- Beta Cygni, aka Albireo/Cygnia Minor (trinary star primary) 
- Beta Lyrae, aka Shelia (binary star primary)  (ST reference: Star Charts noted them as blue stars)
- Caleb, aka Kaleb/Chi Eridani (binary star) 
- Capella (A & B binary pair) , , 
- Deneb Kaitos, aka Beta-16 Ceti , 
- Donatu 
- Erabus system (trinary star) 
- Gamma Hromi (trinary star) 
- Gamma Hydra 
- Gamma Tauri 
- Gamma Trianguli , 
- Hakon (prior to 2376) 
- Hegh'ta 
- Iota Geminorum 
- Kessik 
- Lytasia system (binary star) 
- Minara (prior to 2268) 
- Tennun (binary star primary) 
- Tika (trinary star) 
- Veridian (prior to 2371) , 
- Xi Herculis (binary star primary) 
- Yed Posterior, aka 2 Ophiuchi (binary star) 
- Yridia system 
- Caldos, aka Beta Octantis, was listed as a type G9 II yellow giant in LUG RPG module: Planets of the UFP, but it is a real-world light blue star and was so noted in ST reference: Star Charts.
Appendices[edit | edit source]
Connections[edit | edit source]
|By class and type||class O blue-violet star • class B blue star • class A blue-white star • class F white star (white dwarf) • class G yellow star (yellow dwarf • yellow giant) • class K orange star (orange giant) • class M red star (red dwarf • red giant) • green star • brown dwarf • N-type star • R-type star • S-type star • D-type star|
|By size or makeup||black hole/black star • carbon star • collapsar • dwarf star (brown dwarf • red dwarf • white dwarf • yellow dwarf) • giant star (blue giant • red giant • orange giant • yellow giant) • Lazarus star • microstar • neutron star (magnetar • pulsar) • protostar • supergiant star • variable star • white hole • Wolf-Rayet star|
References[edit | edit source]
- ST reference: Star Trek Encyclopedia.
- ST reference: The Worlds of the Federation.
- ST reference: Star Trek Maps.
- ST reference: Star Charts.
- TAS episode & Log Ten novelization: The Slaver Weapon.
- Decipher RPG module: Worlds.
- TOS novel: Seasons of Light and Darkness.
- Real world.
- TNG novel: The Genesis Wave, Book 1.
- FASA RPG module: The Federation.
- TNG - Strange New Worlds short story: "Future Shock".